Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
This the finished job.
Tightened the engine mounts to 17 lb/ft as per discussions on here. Well I didn't actually. I tightened them by feel with Loctite normal liquid applied. Then checked with the wrench and they were already at over 17 lb/ft. Which surprised me as I'd only tightened them with a T Handle Allen Key. I'll have to cut down on the weetabix!
The front bolt was tightened until the new O'rings were under light pressure and then a nyloc added to the new longer bolt as a just in case.
Not ridden yet.......now what's next?
Upt.
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Is this tyre safe..?
« Last post by Upt North on Today at 17:00:33 »
I can see now it's the rear.
Upt.
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Is this tyre safe..?
« Last post by Upt North on Today at 16:59:55 »
Bertrum,
I think your question is your answer. You wouldn't have asked if you were comfortable with it. The carcass will be very thin by now and you're thinking how deep is the hole. I'm thinking how good is your life cover?
Maybe with a paper clip or similar you may be able to ascertain the depth, but I doubt it.
Is it front or rear.
If it was the rear you may be tempted to ride steady on it with a tin of foam at hand....just in case.
Good luck and check your cover.
Upt.
V-Strom specific discussion / Is this tyre safe..?
« Last post by Berty5000 on Today at 16:42:52 »
Hi all,

I'm about 300 miles off the 10K mark with my Bridgestone A41s. I'm not sure they'd pass an MOT at this point, definitely borderline, so am getting them replaced with the same again in a couple of weeks by the same people who are doing the MOT that day.

Only thing is, I've just got back from work, including some site visits in the countryside, and have noticed a nasty looking hole in the tread. Trying to decide if I should bring forward the tyre fitting as I have another 200 or 300 miles or so of riding before currently planned appointment.

Thoughts? (See photos).
For Sale (Bike related) / Re: 2007 DL1000 for sale
« Last post by Asmith61 on Today at 16:31:46 »
Upt North 🤣 I actually had met this bloke 5 years ago on a ride out he was on a bandit 12 then. And from memory he was indecisive then 🤣

Brockett  yes I can see what you mean about the reviews etc. but as you say we know they are a very capable bike indeed. This bike has been  and still is a bloody great bike.

AdvntureSi  I have never owned or in fact rode a Varadero, but I have heard good things about them, I know Mr Diver on here has one and really rates his.
Yes I think it is a bargain price. I am sure it will sell to the right person and I am in no hurry to sell it.
For Sale (Bike related) / Re: 2007 DL1000 for sale
« Last post by AdvntureSi on Today at 15:22:10 »
Just like the Varadero I have for sale..
Underrated bike really.  Very capable..  very sorted with rebuilt shock and little improvements here and there..
Of course.. it's not got loads of electronics on it to baffle people with.  But it ain't 10k either.   
Your Strom looks to be a bargain really. 
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Batterys
« Last post by mr_diver on Today at 15:13:02 »
I've used these blokes a few time sin the past...
https://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/yuasa-ytx12-bs.html
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Batterys
« Last post by Rixington43 on Today at 14:28:51 »
The first letter is the manufacturer code so F is for Fulbat and Y is for Yuasa.
The important part is the TX12-BS so those batteries should be interchangeable.
A site like Tayna will likely return both options.
V-Strom specific discussion / Batterys
« Last post by colin on Today at 13:45:56 »
I need a battery for my 2016  v-strom 650.  haynes manual says FTX12-BS.  2012  onwards..    but 2004 - 2011 use YTX12-BS.  what is the difference?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10