Oily Rag - Dedicated to Pat, Greywolf. 26/06/45 - 04/06/18 > Accessories and After Market items

Turn signal lamps with position lights

(1/4) > >>

Navalbadger:
Hello lads,

Trawled the internet somewhat, and had no luck so thought I might ask here. Have any of you seen turn signal lamps with day-time-running-lights, or position lights. Seen different names for the same thing. I'm looking for lamps that looks as stock as possible, with 21w / 5w, for the second generation, 2012-onwards. Have found for the first, but they look slightly different, and too bulky.
Thanks, and thanks for stopping by my thread! :thumb:
- Joe

nigel s:
Are you thinking of the lights that all hondas and BMWs  seem to have now , the indicators slightly on as DRLs.(daytime running lights)
To me they are dangerous.When(if) 86 year old Betty glances up at the junction and sees yellow through her cataracts she thinks you are turning and pulls out into you.
Would scare the bejeezus out of me to ride one .

But each to their own I guess.

Ho Hum

NeilM:
That Betty, she get's around a bit.

I seem to encounter her on almost every ride, no matter if I am 20 miles from home, or 200.

Gert:
Joe, I'm not sure which model bike you have, so I didn't consult the relavent wiring diagram for your model?
As far as I know, the V-Strom turn signal / indicator has a two wire system to the bulb. Therefore, to power your proposed 21w / 5w dual filament bulb, you will require an extra wire to be pulled through to make it a three wire system, along with the appropriate indicator circuit switching relay (aux / running light off while indicator flashing). A question would be if there is enough space to allow the extra third wire to be pulled through the existing indicator stalk or whould you need a new setup and if a new setup will require a mod to mount in the existing position onto the current fairing position.
A two wire aux / running indicator light system would require an indicator circuit to be interrupted, once either side indicator is activated. Again an aftermarket indicator relay unit would be required.
For both aux / running indicator light systems you will have to determine whether the stock indicator lens cover can withstand the extra heat generated from the bulb being on for the longer duration.
There should be aftermarket kits available for whichever of the two options you choose to follow, if you do a search on Google.

Upt North:
Joe, it's a bit of an Americanism isn't it?
What do Stroms Stateside do, do they have constant lights in there as well as the indicator?
Upt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version