Camping - Sponsored by bikerscampsite.co.uk > Camping Equipment & Suppliers

My solo camp setup

(1/2) > >>

ArbGarry:
My solo camping set up, I have never like tents, hammock camping means aslong as I have trees I don't need to worry about ground conditions.

In the picture is my DD Frontine hammock, DD 3x3 Tarp, DD underblanket and 3 season sleeping bag, these all pack away into 4 small bags that compress even smaller, thay also allow me to camp all year round if I want, not in the picture's is my gas stove, food, water, first aid kit and fire grill, my only limitations on how long I can be out for is the amount of food and water I can carry, with the V-Strom I have loads of extra space to make a month camp a reality ( if I can get a month off work )

This summer I'm heading up the North of Scotland again, I will get some packing pictures, loaded bike pictures and camp site pictures

SuzukiSte:
 :thumb: :text-goodpost:

wurzel:
  That's a cool looking setup.

ArbGarry:
It's far from cold, infact I have been too warm too many times, but never too cold, the underblanket traps hot air in a pocket below you, you are in a sleeping bag, so another source of heat, and the tarp stops the hot air leaving above you, in an extreme situation I could put a heavy blanket over the bug net and cocoon myself,

I have slept in this set up at -7 and been perfectly fine, sleeping in just some base layers, I have also camped out in the snow with a mate, having 3 tarps between us, we had a huge area undercover with no snow getting in, and a open fire for heat and cooking.

I have tried tents a few time before and would nevr go back to one, stuffy in summer, wet and cold in winter and need almost perfect flat ground.

I can have my full set up unpacked and tied up ready to go in a tad over 8 minutes.

Rusty Nuts:
"Cold"  lol I' m guessing, Wurzel, you wrote cold ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version