Author Topic: Nav Bar for TomTom Rider 550  (Read 415 times)

Offline mrklunk

• Bike: VStrom 650 XT
Nav Bar for TomTom Rider 550
« on: August 02, 2023, 20:43:25 »
hi, I have a TomTom550 I want to mount above the clocks on my 2023 Wee. There are some Nav bars (cheap  ^£22) on Ebay but I read they fall to pieces under the weight. There's a product by EvoTech (UK) but it's £70 plus shipping. Anyone got a recommendation? TIA.

Offline Upt North

• Bike: DL650 L7
Re: Nav Bar for TomTom Rider 550
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 21:25:31 »
Ay up Klunkie me duck.
The Evotech Performance kit is very good. I have it with the Garmin specific head and there is no vibration. The head can be mounted in one of two ways which allows customisation to suit yourself.
With my aftermarket Loster screen I had to put a little automotive foam between screen and bracket just to stop rubbing etc. But on the plus side this did firm up the screen mounting.
It also comes with neat clips for the wiring. Smart.
I don't think you'll be disappointed with the EP and the relatively expensive price ticket will soon be forgotten.
I replaced the head fixings with hex heads for security.
Upt.

Offline mrklunk

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 21:30:51 »
Ay up Klunkie me duck.
The Evotech Performance kit is very good. I have it with the Garmin specific head and there is no vibration. The head can be mounted in one of two ways which allows customisation to suit yourself.
With my aftermarket Loster screen I had to put a little automotive foam between screen and bracket just to stop rubbing etc. But on the plus side this did firm up the screen mounting.
It also comes with neat clips for the wiring. Smart.
I don't think you'll be disappointed with the EP and the relatively expensive price ticket will soon be forgotten.
I replaced the head fixings with hex heads for security.
Upt.

Nice one Upt! Thanks. OK, I'll go for it. I'm waiting for my Givi Airflow screen to arrive and hope it works fine with that. People seem to take the piss out of TomTom's but I love my 550. Don't really want my iPhone on the bars. Cheers!

Offline mrklunk

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 21:35:18 »
That's it ordered :)