Author Topic: BMW wave!!  (Read 3210 times)

Offline jabmotorsport

• Four Time Quad Bike Champion
BMW wave!!
« on: May 21, 2013, 22:05:21 »
Used to see this chap most mornings going to uni and he always WAVES!!!! I know! I can't believe too, hard to tell on this vid though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdAt4JqcTbk
tinker, tweek, fettle....bodge, bang, bugger!!!

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
Re: BMW wave!!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 07:34:19 »
lol.. That was more of a salute from you.. :)

I find BMW riders tend not to wave much, I think they must have their hands already set up for their next bout of 'indicator dexterity challenge' and don't want to move them..

ProfG

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 08:11:40 »
Never seem to have problem with Beemer riders. They nod alright. I find cruisers to be a bit of suck in the mud type. They are so concentrated on avoiding the flies on their open face helmets and trying to steer their Titanic turns that they don't seem aware of anything else  lol

Offline Jacko

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:26:24 »
Like I've said elsewhere, it seems to depend on what you're riding.. ;)

Maybe I should have a sign on the front of my Glee:

'My other bike's a sportsbike'

..to prevent them from accidentally waving to a sportsbike rider..

Offline Yoyo

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 22:55:16 »
I find most BMW riders wave, often with the right arm extended in a slightly skyward fashion.........

Offline Patch

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 23:09:19 »
I find its the Harly riders who never never acknowledge riders of other makes of bikes

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 23:34:13 »
When I had my 125 cruiser I nodded to the same Harley rider everyday for 3 years, he stared straight ahead, jaw clenched shut and blanked me. Then one day I nearly fell off my bike as he nodded back! Never saw him again after that, guess the shock of acknowledging me was too much for him?? :shrug:

Offline IanP

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 10:22:02 »
Quote from: "Yoyo"
I find most BMW riders wave, often with the right arm extended in a slightly skyward fashion.........
lol  lol  lol

Maybe there jut pointing out a Spitfire  :violence-uzi:
XVS 1300 - DL650 V-Strom
Royal British Legion Riders http://www.rblr.co.uk

Offline loggamatt

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 16:12:34 »
I had a Wee not return a wave the other day!!  :angry-tappingfoot:

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 16:57:07 »
I don't always wave or nod, usually when there is something else I have to pay attention to. There's plenty of that happening with the way people drive around here. With that in mind I usually don't let it bother me if someone else doesn't return a nod/wave. What gets me is when there is nothing else that they need to pay attention to and they still look straight ahead. I have to wonder if the rider is paying much attention to his surroundings in cases like that.

I like nodding at L plate riders on motorbikes, some of them are visibly startled that they just got a nod from someone on a "real" bike. A lot of them almost nod their head off their neck in return. It must make them feel good, I remember feeling good when a "real" biker nodded at me when I was still on L plates :grin:
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline petestrom

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 17:27:05 »
I used to have a problem with BMW and Harley riders but recently I've had waves or nods from the majority of both, maybe someone's had a word with them or something because people got fed up with them.
Pete

Make someone's day, it'll come back to you sometime.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 17:49:51 »
Juvecu, I go out of my way to nod to L plate riders, it makes their day and they're more likely to stay with biking, which, in the end, is good for us all..

Offline mick-b

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 20:36:34 »
I find most people normally nod or wave no matter what they ride ,except for a bloke on a bandit gt I see every day . I still allways nod and he stares straight a head ,one day I might just flip him the finger to see what happens . I used to see a bloke on a zxr every morning ,started off as a gentle nod then eventually ended up as a flash of the headlights and our own little salute to each other  :lala:  never did meet him though.

Offline jimbo8098

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 21:07:00 »
I have been waved to by BMW on quite a few occasions actually, I prefer to nod than wave anyway , it's a bit of a bother getting your hands in and out of the knuckle guards lol