Oily Rag - Dedicated to Pat, Greywolf. 26/06/45 - 04/06/18 > Accessories and After Market items

Givi trekker luggage. Am I missing something?

(1/2) > >>

buzzwold:
Hi all,
I've been thinking about getting a pair of givi trekker 33's to fit on the bike. Racks (plr3112), already fitted so just need boxes.
Looking at prices on ebay for the trk33n, I can buy a single box for circa £190, or the 2 pack for £495ish.
Does anybody know if there is anything different about the 2 box set at £495 vs buying 2 individual boxes for approx £110 less to warrant the price difference?
Cheers

Rusty Nuts:
Gizza link, we'll have a peep.

Barbel Mick:
I don't think you're missing anything. Both panniers will be exactly the same & will fit on either side. I have a Trekker TRK33 & a TRK46 on my 650, 2013. Because the exhaust side rack is extended out to avoid the exhaust the '33 goes on that side & the '46 on the n/side, that way the bike is the same width & IMHO looks better, (Might not be the case on the later bike.)  But I could swap them to either side if I wanted.
Oddly enough The Sportsbikeshop has the TRK single pannier at £189 & the pair at £561 .... very odd!  :shrug:
Personally I'd give a few places a call & ask why & then ask for a bit more off.  :icon_wink:

buzzwold:
It was sportsbikeshop site I was looking at on ebay.
Seems really odd that they can discount the individual box by so much yet the discount on the 2 pack is much less.
Sportsbikeshop only have one individual box in stock at the moment, I reckon the new stock, when it comes in, will revert to a similar price to the trk33B which currently is £291.60.
Just got to ask myself whether I'll actually use them enough to warrant buying them.
They do look nice though :grin:

Barbel Mick:
Contact the sportsbikeshop & ask them if you order two as individual boxes will you get them at the current price advertised. If yes, it's just a matter of waiting for them to come in?
Worth a try.   :shrug:
I've found the sportsbikeshop to be very helpful & good to deal with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version