Author Topic: Problems with Hein-gericke AGAIN  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Carl Mac

Problems with Hein-gericke AGAIN
« on: October 30, 2009, 13:17:29 »
OK peeps to cut a long story short, I bought a pair of RST boots from them 4 months ago, Already the seam has split by the zip.

Just got off the phone with them and they say they will have to send them back to RST, But I thought as I bought the boots off Hein-Hericke that my contract of sale was with them, I will have no boots if they send them back, I'm not really looking for a refund just a replacement even if I have to put some money to a more expensive pair. I have arranged to go and see the manager tomorrow can anyone advise me on where I stand with this.

What tinkles me off even more though is I bought a Jacket off them a few months ago which fell apart in under 2 months, I couldn't find the receipt for the jacket but even though I had proof of the transaction on my credit card statement they still fobbed me off, so I just put this one down to experience.

Not this time though I have got the receipt for the boots.

Thanks for reading

Feel the fear and do it anyway

Offline Catballou

Re: Problems with Hein-gericke AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 13:32:31 »
You're right Carl, your contract is with Hein Gericke not RST, don't be fobbed off,
threaten them with trading standards if they don't refund you or replace

http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/Business/Tr ... FAQ.asp#q1

That link has the telephone no for Liverpool branch trading standards they are open tomorrow morning

If they insist on getting the boots repaired then they should provide you with a temp replacement pair
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline Carl Mac

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 13:39:44 »
Thanks Anj, :thumb:

I'm hoping it won't come to this but I will use it if I need to.

Offline Dedy

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 13:53:19 »
Most retailers will guarantee up to 30 days. Then it's the manufactuters warranty. Your best bet is the threat of poor publicity.

Good luck
 :thumb:
One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full.  And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?"  So I drank the water.  No more problem.

Offline Carl Mac

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 14:22:51 »
Quote from: "Dedy"
Most retailers will guarantee up to 30 days. Then it's the manufactuters warranty. Your best bet is the threat of poor publicity.

Good luck
 :thumb:

Cheers mate, :thumb:

I have just got off the phone with trading standards and they say I have a good cause for a replacement or refund. They have given me a ref number should I have any further issues,Ill just have to see what happens tomorrow.

Your best bet is the threat of poor publicity.

I was thinking this also, as one of the shop assistants is a member of another forum I use. so is it FAME or SHAME watch this space.

Offline minkyhead

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 15:33:16 »
hi   carl    ...I've had  boots replaced for leaking by heine gerrick   ...your right  they will no anything without the reciept ...  
 the fact is   that there boots are not up to te mark     ...
   when u use them day in day out they don't do the job    ..I've given up with  them  cos I'm fed up with the hassle and wet feet     ...

good luck
What's the weather forecast  ...where's  me map

Offline dogpuf

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 10:59:15 »
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with Hein Gericke

I have used my local branch it York for Years and I have always had great service from them. Maybe it is a recent trend that they are selling cheaper gear but I have always found the Hein Gericke branded Jackets, Boots and Gloves to be very servicable and long lasting, if a little boring to look at

Try emailing Hein Gericke customer services as I am sure their reputation is very important to them
C'mon spring I want to get riding

Offline Sven

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 11:20:44 »
I use the one in Norwich & have always found them pretty good. Maybe its your particular branch or its manager/staff.
Do you have any other branches in your area??
Or as last post said, contact their customer services/ head office.
Best of luck sorting it.

Offline scep

• Bike: Ex-DL650 K7T
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 23:52:49 »
For future reference, it is NOT a legal requirement that you have the original receipt when returning goods (from any retailer). There is nothing under the Sale of Goods Act that says this (in fact as they don't have to provide a receipt by law it would clearly be wrong for them to insist upon one!)  You just have to show reasonable evidence of proof of purchase e.g. a credit card receipt or even a clothing label.

Quote the SoGA to them and tell them to stick their receipt up their jacksies.  Always go armed with your rights (loads of stuff on the Web, or talk to Citizens' Advice or a friendly solicitor or check quides at e.g. money saving expert forum ) and you will always be in a stronger position than the poorly trained shop staff....

Another right in your favour here is that within the first six months of purchase it is not up to you to prove that goods are faulty: it is down to the seller to prove that they are not. Powerful stuff if wielded wisely.  :thumb:
Keep an open mind. But not so open that your brains fall out.

Offline Carl Mac

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 10:27:20 »
Thanks for the info peeps,

I will be taking the boots back tomorrow I couldn't make it on Saturday, I have read the SOGA and feel a bit more confident about the whole thing now.

Offline Carl Mac

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 11:56:34 »
Took the boots back this morning, and it went pretty much how I thought it would, even though The Sale of Goods Act says it is the sellers responsibility they still insisted they had to send them back to the manufacture. Even though I offered to buy a more expensive pair in exchange, that way we all win, but he wasn't having it.

The thing that pissed me off the most though was when the unhelpful shop assistant Nick suggested I am partly to blame if I was tucking my trousers into the boot, FFS I was starting to loose my rag so I have left the boots with them. I won't be dealing with them ever from now.

Offline Catballou

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 12:40:30 »
Complain to head office, write the snottiest letter you can , and report them to trading standards, and in your letter tell them you have reported them,
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline Carl Mac

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 12:43:56 »
Quote from: "Catballou"
Complain to head office, write the snottiest letter you can , and report them to trading standards, and in your letter tell them you have reported them,

I have reported this to trading standards Anj, They have given me a ref number and will be looking into it, Ill just wait and see what happens this week.

Cheers.

Offline scep

• Bike: Ex-DL650 K7T
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 19:58:49 »
+1 Trading standards. It's down to them as the sellers - they sound like right tossers to be honest, both branches of HG I've dealt with in the past have replaced stuff no problem ...  Good luck!
Keep an open mind. But not so open that your brains fall out.

Offline Carl Mac

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 14:18:59 »
Got a phone call off H.G this morning saying I could exchange the boots which I did for a more expensive pair with a small cash adjustment.

Its a real shame they didn't do this yesterday coz that is all I wanted to do. It would have saved them a lot of bad publicity. I'm glad it had to come to this though coz now everyone can see what to expect when taking faulty goods back.

I would think long and hard before using them from now on.

Thanks for the support blokes.

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 18:49:39 »
Why don't you e-mail them a link to this page?

Offline Carl Mac

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 19:34:41 »
Why don't you e-mail them a link to this page?

Gone one better than that mate, Another forum I use called NWB.net  Northwest Bikers One of the staff from the shop is a member on there so I started a thread on there the other day, well they have had a right bashing it seems there are people all over the place with bad H.G experiences.

Bit of a coincidence getting a phone call off them 12 hours after they refused to exchange them, mabe when they saw just how active the thread was and the negative publicity they were getting they thought they better butter me up.

Bit late now though coz the thread is still active with people telling there H.G horror stories.