Author Topic: Optimate query  (Read 702 times)

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
Optimate query
« on: February 23, 2015, 20:25:32 »
I have three optimate chargers ( 3 bikes).
The old Optimate  111 SP and the newly purchased Optimate 3 work as expected with two green lights on showing they are in maintenance mode.

The Optimate 3 + that I bought about 18 months ago, 'Flashes' the charging light almost all the time. It does go to two green light s sometimes but it seems to be in analyse mode more often than not.

I have switched between the Strom and the SX and whatever bike it is on it behaves the same.

When I bought the Optimate 3 a few months ago the dealer told me that the Optimate 3+ was no longer available.

So now I'm thinking there was a problem with it and it was dropped from the catalogue.

Has anyone got any info on this or has made similar observations.

It works fine and has not yet cooked a battery but it has me wondering if I should go buy another Optimate 3.
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline V-Strom3

Re: Optimate query
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 20:45:17 »
I know you bought it 18 months ago but get in touch with the manufacturer and say things are not right with it, they might be willing to change it for the current one available, just mention you have 2 others for your other bikes.
Worth a try worst they can say in no.
Life is short - You have to enjoy it on a Wee-Strom!