Author Topic: Dangerous driving songs  (Read 4609 times)

Offline Strommer

Re: Dangerous driving songs
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 07:37:33 »
"Don't Fear the Reaper" Blue Oyster Cult....

A disgrace to biking...

Offline Andy M

• Bike: Hurley-Pugh Empire Wildebeeste Manx Thruxton
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 17:13:46 »
Quote from: "Upright"
sorry got to disagree withte h rock/pop the most dangerous "piece of music" is flight of the valkryies - r Wagner. Very dangerous. ......!

If you play it while riding a certain brand of motorcycle doesn't it automatically head towards Poland?  :grin:

Totally agree on the classics, but I'd go for a bit of Walton or Holst myself.

I am also banned from listening to Rock Radio while 2-up for all the reasons noted above . We have to have the Big-Telly-Small-Telly channel on  ### but at least this only causes confusion with people expecting hand signals. :eusa-naughty:  :doh:  :dance:  :confusion-helpsos:

Andy

Offline Sofa

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 09:07:47 »
Some years ago I was driving with a colleague when Radio 2 played Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin, we went mad, looked like the Wayne's World Bohenian Rapsody scene. It wasn't just the track it was the fact that it was actually being played on national radio in the daytime we where so shocked/happy that we went wild in the cab.

Cab, yes, cab, didn't I mention I was driving a 26tonne glass recycling truck.

Classical stuff, well if I'm getting a little wound up driving just need to pop on Vaughan Williams, Lark Ascending, that soon calms things.
Once went to a gig by a band called "The Enid", a bloke had been killed in a bike crash on the way to the  concert and they played Elgar's Nimrod in his memory. That's a really dangerous one for me when driving as it moves me to tears and it makes me conduct! Not good! Eyes full of tears and not holding the steering wheel!

Conduct; definition; the classical music equivalent to rock's "air guitar" or "steering wheel bongo's". Subject madly waves arms about in time to the music while imagining he is actually conducting the orchestra. In the worst cases may even have their own conductors baton to assist in the fantasy. ( see cardboard/inflatable guitars)
Outfits for Rallys and Touring, Solos for everything else. https://sites.google.com/site/yorkshireoutbacksidecar/

Offline Upright

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 20:24:48 »
Discovered a new one yesterday

public enemy
harder than you think

try it
It's not my fault, it's your fault. I told you I was stupid but you didn't listen!

Offline jimbo8098

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 23:49:24 »
Van Halen - Eruption

Dragonforce - Through Fire and Flame

Bolt Thrower - Killchain

Are all silly songs to play while riding. The first ones not even a song and is still dangerous lol. Van halen is ... well ... Van Halen and speaking from the time I used to cycle to and from everywhere , Bolt Thrower really gets you moving no matter what you are doing (hehey!)

Offline dooce

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 19:11:24 »
There was a time when I drove everywhere with Underworlds "Beaucoup Fish" on repeat/max volume/max bass and how I didn't wipe myself out, especially to this track, is an unresolved mystery........

Offline SnowStrom

• Bike: None :(
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 19:31:53 »

My heartfelt apologies to the good folk of Stow-on-the-Wold last week who were subjected to the horror that is me finger drumming on the tank and singing along, while sat in stationary traffic. I keep forgetting this bike is quieter than the Divvy and therefore doesn't drown out my caterwauling :(

Offline stromonoff

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 21:59:55 »
Deep Purple must be a good pitch for this one.  Main contenders being:

1. Speed King
2. Fireball
3. Burn

I know someone who did a full 360 degree spin in a car to the subtle sounds of 'burn' and (just) managed to get away with it!!