Author Topic: Bikesure or unsure or uninsure?  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
Bikesure or unsure or uninsure?
« on: August 10, 2022, 07:44:22 »
Bikesure  :icon_exclaim:
In June I renewed the insurance on the Honda NC750 and swapped bikes from 390 to 690 KTM and all was fine.
Monday I called and added the Moto Guzzi V7 to the policy
When I checked my on-line account. I found:
One KTM 690 with correct Reg Number
One Honda with correct reg Number
and another Honda with the Reg number for the Moto Guzzi

I called them on Tuesday and pointed out the error
Later I checked my on line account and find :-
KTM cert and schedule are correct
Honda NC750 (1) carries Moto Guzzi's reg number on Cert and the Schedule shows Honda NC750 but has Moto Guzzi's reg number
Honda NC750 (2) carries certificate for Moto Guzzi Reg Number and Schedule shows Honda NC750 with Moto Guzzi's reg number

Therefore there are two certificates bearing the Moto Guzzi reg number. One has a number ending 2598 and the other 1170.
Both have associated schedules showing the the vehicle to be a Honda NC750 and both carry the Moto Guzzi'z reg number.

It is evident that their 'people' are working from home, but is that too close the their wine racks

This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
Re: Bikesure or unsure or uninsure?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 09:29:00 »
The main problem here is that you own far too many motorcycles.
But it would have been interesting if a roadside 'pull' or a claim had shown an issue.

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 11:02:35 »
On June 17th certificate 52177412598 was assigned to Honda NC750.
This morning that certificate is assigned to the registration number of the Moto Guzzi V7
There is no certificate showing the Honda registration number
On line chat says I am insured to ride all three bikes.  I took a screen shot of that. (not that I don't trust them)
On Line Chat person says  "there is a lot of things that have to go in the background but it will all be sorted out in time". 
( I think she means "there has been a monumental cock-up and it'll take some time to sort it all out. Meanwhile here's some BS".
I say it's a good job I don't have to ride the Honda today.

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 13:57:10 »
Obviously members on this forum are not the only people who find it difficult to keep up with the constantly changing content of your garage.  :grin: 
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Offline Asmith61

• Bike: DL1000 K7, 2011 B-King 1300 , 1999 Triumph 1200 Trophy 2023 Harley Nightster 975
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 17:36:09 »
 lol  lol sorry Brockett

Offline Brockett

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2022, 18:24:01 »
Seems to be sorted out now. Although they have not said it I believe the primary bike is the most valuable, in £s, and therefore the primary bike is now the Moto Guzzi and that is maybe why they have transposed the certificates with the Honda NC 750.But what do I know :icon_exclaim:
Currently as I write I have a valid certificate for all three bikes and as I said earlier I thought the price was reasonable aka less than I was expecting. As to the contents of my garage ... I only do all this to amuse you lot.

I hope to be posting a photo of the bike in all it's sparkling Guzziness tomorrow evening.

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2022, 23:30:58 »
They did something similar with mine a while ago (before working from home). They sent the insurance certificate through with correct regis number, I phoned to correct something they'd put on the 'statement of fact', when I checked later via MID, my registration was showing as uninsured. It turned out when they made the amendment they'd put a random car registration on my certificate. Was sorted quickly but still a pain. Check your documents folks. Not had a problem since with them though.

Offline Upt North

• Bike: DL650 L7
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 08:42:58 »
I hear you Brocket. I went with Bikesure on the VStrom, very competitive on price, but note to self, go and check the Docs. I had paper ones.
I've found CN to be a nightmare lately, they used to be very good at what they did but not so anymore. I cancelled a policy yesterday on the Pan, 15 minutes listening to music, 15 minutes to cancel, and 15 minutes is there anything else we can do for you Sir. I've only had the policy for 4 months and they managed to refund me under 10%, I'm sure she said there was a £40.00 cancellation fee! £40.00! What for?
The agent, obviously working from home, could have done what I asked in two minutes and the email letter confirming no claims probably took 30 seconds to complete and send.
That's almost two bottles of Glenlivet Founders Reserve I won't be buying. Well, I will, but you know, hat I mean.
£40.00......
Upt'North.

Offline Brockett

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 10:09:56 »
Maybe the problems people have working from home is the lack of suport that is available to them. Not like in an office full of people who can be called on for guidance. I have some sympathy for the individuals but the customer is not getting a satisfactory outcome every time.  I have found these sort of problems with other businesses that rely on call centres, Energy and Broadband to name two. The business saves on having to rent   office space. The 'call handler' works from home , saves time and money not having to travel while providing their own heat, light and home/office space.  Better for the environment to boot. This can be a good thing provided the call handler is sufficiently knowledgeable to complete the tasks. The downside is the isolation that some will find after years of working closely with others.

Offline grumps

• Bike: DL650A M0, BMW R1250RT. Yamaha X-Max 300
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2022, 10:24:14 »
I rang Bikesure to make some amends. Took an hour or more on the phone. Very helpful and patient lady on the phone I have to say.

I had sold a classic Suzuki so they had given me a 'holding' reg number to keep the policy alive.

I wanted to insure the Vstrom, add a new rider and resurrect the policy. Lots to do.
Lots of holding clinky clanky music, load of questions but we eventually got there.
If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer.

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2022, 10:37:39 »
When calling Bikesure, use 0800 089 0332, allegedly you will get a better price.
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Brockett

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2022, 11:35:01 »
oh! yeah ..... talking of people working from home......

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2022, 02:44:01 »
Well  ### I literally just renewed mine with them (although still a very good price even without any extra discount). Some other insurers wanted double!

Offline Mark Shelley

• Bike: GW250 SV650N
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2022, 23:35:26 »
I always do ‘Compare the market’ at renewal time. It invariably comes up with a cheaper deal.  I realise that sometimes your use may make it worth going for a particular provider, but for run of the mill use I just go for the cheapest.