Author Topic: I'm a convert  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Tusker

• Bike: NO BIKE
I'm a convert
« on: June 20, 2017, 20:13:03 »
Suddenly after riding for more than 5 years I've started really thinking about things !!! I have loved the Tiger since I bought it off Fat Rat and have no desire to sell or PX it.. I love it every time I get on it. BUT there is always a but... it has always been too tall for me, and even experience does not overcome that totally.. The levers for clutch and brake have always been a bit too much of a reach ,,resulting in sore fingers at the end of a long day etc etc. So a few months ago I started paying more attention to the bike. So it has been treated to "close reach Levers" a new chain and sprockets, a set of proper spots, and finally today a 40mm lowering kit fitted, and has had the forks dropped through by 19mm and the suspension set up by https://www.twsuspensiontech.co.uk/ I even learned something simple,,,, the handle bars were too far forward for me to counter steer properly ????  It is now still my Tiger but its got a whole lot better.... this is a keeper

Offline Tusker

• Bike: NO BIKE
Re: I'm a convert
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 20:28:10 »
sorry !!! I didn't explain convert !!  I mean I used to think why are these folk altering their bikes, why not just ride them, the makers know what they are doing ,,  But I now realise, they do know what they are doing ""FOR Mr AVERAGE"" Average weight, height, glove size, Talent lol

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 20:45:58 »
Well, you got there Tusker! Took me longer to realise that some changes can improve a bike for the individual no end
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline user650

• Bike: DL650A M3 in fast white (Gen 3), DL650A M2 in fast white (Gen 3)
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 22:41:03 »
That should sort out the bike wanting to be  horizontal at times  :thumb:
If It Starts Ride It
Don't Say Cheese Say Wensleydale
I'm Big on the inside, small on the outside
What happens in Wales gets told to everyone

Posh Paul
IBA Member
RBLR 1000 '18
Armistice 1000 '18
RBLR 1000 '19
RBLR 1000 '22
RBLR 1000 '23

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 05:37:48 »
Top job Tusker. My Nail is suitably "tailored"for my stuntedness. Adjustable pegs, up and back risers and self bodged screen. Definitely a keeper until I'm too feeble to push it around.
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.