Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

That's quite some May!  I'm off to NC500 on Friday so if you see a black, overloaded Wee wobbling around, give me a wave.
Cheddar gorge area is lovely. Not loads to do in Bristol but its pleasant enough
We enjoyed a look round the SS Great Britain.
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Locks for Suzuki Luggage
« Last post by Cumbrian Yeti on Today at 09:39:04 »
So, if Phild's luggage is the same as Yeti's, these numbers might help. I'd ring Fowlers and ask exactly what is nclude, and whether they are re-configurable.
My KTM panniers were the same, boxes supplied without locks and only if someone bought the panniers were locks fitted, to go with the ignition key. After a (previously undisclosed) pannier loss somewhere in Cumbria  :bawl:  I bought a new old stock pannier on Ebay. I then bought a new lock from a KTM dealer, this came with spare wafers and springs to enable me to make it fit my bike's ignition key. Hopefully the Suzuki ones are similar.
If it was me, I'd be asking Phild if he wants to sell his 3 locks and I'd have a go at making them fit.
This is what Fowlers have..

Hi all, I took a punt on the lock set, I got it from Japan as worked out as around £25 delivered… however it came with only one lock.

Since I’ve discover these…
https://www.admotorcycles.co.uk/shop/model-accessories/Suzuki/motorcycle-accessories/luggage/motorcycle-accessories-side-case-lock-set-95700-48810-000/

These are set manually to your existing key too.
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Ruined thread
« Last post by Valzdl650 on Today at 09:33:36 »
OK perfect I’ll look now
Exhausts / Re: Can you fit earlier silencers to a 2024 1050?
« Last post by Dave hendy on Today at 08:48:11 »
Thanks for the reply, hopefully that makes things easier.
I have no experience of these people,

but you could try them.

https://www.spydermotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycle-hire/

Personally I hate cities. There are some great riding roads around Exmoor or across the bridge to Wales.
I am motorcycling around Scotland in early May then Spain late May otherwise I would have been happy to show you around.
I live not far from Bristol. I have no experience of hiring a motorcycle in the area I’m afraid.

Cheddar Gorge is well worth a visit, but the speed limit from top to bottom is now 30mph (50kph). There are some great roads around Burrington Coombe, Blagdon and Chew Valley lakes. 👍
I have a short visit to Bristol coming up in two weeks. Planning to see the city but also drive around and see something like Cheddars Gorge. I can hire a car in the airport, but would rather go on MC. Anywhere you can recommend to hire an MC?
Introductions / Re: Hello from north Shropshire (from long time lurker)
« Last post by Gert on Today at 07:02:28 »
 :welcome:
Introductions / Re: Newbie
« Last post by Gert on Today at 07:01:40 »
 :welcome:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10