Author Topic: Vibration through 3000rpm  (Read 518 times)

Offline fergie

Vibration through 3000rpm
« on: April 04, 2009, 09:43:02 »
Hello folks got a vibration as I go through about 3000rpm, have balanced the throttle bodies and renewed rear cush drive.

Got clutch out just now and gearbox shaft is solid so nowt in the engine, so question is could it be the clutch basket? On inspection some of the springs are a bit too loose. Nowt else seems to be moving!

Any helpful hints past experience would be appreciated.

Also are the clutch baskets same on 650 as the 1000?

Cheers
Fergie

Offline Nix

Re: Vibration through 3000rpm
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 11:37:24 »
Got same issue. Yesterday did the TBS and has definitely improved.

You really ought to read this but be warned, some of it could scare you! :shock:

I can't help but feel that it's a crank resonance issue ie it doesn't take much upset the fine balance.

Shame Suzuki don't own up, bite the bullet and sort it!
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 20:52:41 »
Probably a stupid question - does this affect the 650 or just the big 'one? :shrug:
No bike at present.......

Offline sharealike

• Site Donator
  • Bike: Now that would be telling
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 15:11:36 »
Hello there

Been carrying out modifications to the torsion damper built into the back of the clutch basket on my early SV1000. Found a good deal of things that make what looks like a completely worn out basket/damper much better. Early baskets had poor springs, later ones were improved but the vibration you talk off is present in many new and old SV's and DL's alike. Currently looking to do a few modifications for people close to home in the UK to prove they work on the DL1000. Offer is open to all who might benefit or have an interest.

Follow this same link http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/to ... #msg122268 that was posted earlier. Much more information and now completed the trials.

American DL and Australian SV forums suggest the problem returns after a few thousand miles when new baskets were fitted under warranty.

Sharealike
Please contact me directly about clutch basket modifications. john@vibefreev.com
Website http://www.vibefreev.com/