Author Topic: Advice on Boots  (Read 6044 times)

Offline sillyboy

• Bike: DL650 L7
Re: Advice on Boots
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2018, 19:56:13 »
had apair of bullson maddox waterproof for 30k mls,they only were replaced because one of the zips went. bought a pair of tcx xtour pro goretex, they seem quite good.

Offline Savak

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2018, 09:02:23 »
I had 3 pairs of boots all recommended by a shop and all leaked within a few months.
Came across this link https://www.visordown.com/features/products/tested-sub-%C2%A3100-waterproof-motorcycle-boots

And ended up with these https://www.rst-moto.com/rst-adventure-ii-waterproof-boot.html

Highly recommended.

Regards
Graeme

Offline Loz

• Bike: DL1000 & Beta300rr
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 11:08:17 »
Currently wearing a pair of RST Adventures, no leaks a comfortable when off the bike, can't say how they'd fair in a crash, but compared to my Gaerne mx boots and Alpinestars race boots they are a lot more flexible in the sideways movement around the ankle.

Offline Frostilicus

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2018, 11:16:09 »
I bought a pair of RST Adventure 2's based on the Visordown test - first time it rained and they have leaked like a sieve!

Sorry for the necro, but I think perhaps quality control with RST is slipping and wanted to update the recommends.
I'm going to return mine to Sportsbikeshop (who are fantastic btw), and go for a pair of the Oxford Explorers (same price and look)

My search for a boot which will keep the toes dry continues.... :)

Offline Ianmc

• Bike: DL650AL5
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 17:28:31 »
I have had pair of Altberg Clubmans for over 25 yrs,they have never leaked a drop of water.About 10yrs ago the soles were worn out and I called in at the factory,had my feet measured and bought a pair of shorter lace ups for warmer weather riding.After I had paid for the new boots,they salesman asked me what I was going to do with the old boots.I told him I was going to get them re-soled and he said they would re-sole and reline the boots for £50 and post them back to me.I took him up on his offer and the result is I still have a great pair of cooler weather boots.They re-soled,re-lined and re-velcroed the boots,when they came back to me they looked like brand new.Great advert for Altberg,they are expensive,but the quality is just first class.I have really looked after the boots and coated them with the LederGris that you get with each pair probably 3 times per year,I leave them in the conservatory and the leather treatment just soaks in and disappears.I used to do about 8,000 mls.per year when I first got them,but only around 6,000 per year now.They should last me for the rest of my biking days with a bit of luck.
Ian Mc.

Offline The Border Riever

• Bike: DL1000 AL9
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2018, 21:23:20 »
Thank you Ian  :text-goodpost: I'm just in the process of doing the same and visiting the factory shop and getting measured up, They're  supposed to be my Christmas present from the wife but I've been too busy with work to get a visit through the week, so I see on their website they're  up and running again on the 3rd-Jan so I'll try then!

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2018, 17:43:39 »
  Those altbergs are lovely boots, advice wise I paint L and R on mine to get them round the right way, the Mrs has c&a labels in her bloomers, I think for much the same reason... :grin:

Offline sillyboy

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2019, 17:34:45 »
aye the old jokes are the best :lala:

Offline Graham62

• Bike: DL650 K6 Blue
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2019, 01:33:06 »
@ wurzel is that for her benefit or yours?
A drunken man's words are a sober man's thoughts.

Graham