Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: late DL1000 advice wanted
« Last post by old git on Today at 09:14:56 »
I bought a new 2016 model. It's now done over 11,000 miles and has been faultless. I did 500 miles yesterday on Highland roads and if I thought I'd get away with it, I'd do it all again today.  Brilliant bike!!!
I HATE black wheels on motorcycles.

There, I've said it. Lazy, cheap and lack of imagination manufacturers have been churning out these abominations for years. :violence-smack:

Good on you SimStrom and have a "like" for doing what needs to be done. :lala:
That has made that front end, lovely job! :thumb:
Got the front end 'tart up' finished off and put back together  :) Might even take the rear wheel off and give that a coat of silver on the bank holiday  :fix:  It's quite funny really, I only bought this bike as a 'winter hack' to save ruining my BM & H-D with the winter salt  :shock: It's become my 1st choice ride every time we go out! I love it!!  :lala:
Pictures / Re: Does my arse look big in this?
« Last post by Joe Rocket on May 26, 2018, 21:45:14 »
Yes, your arse is too big on the latest offering........way too big!

Dragon Lady will have you on a diet.  :whistle:

Stick with the Glee FR........

:thumb:
« Last post by Loz on May 26, 2018, 15:03:40 »
Look to see if ECU has been sorted and there was another recall, think it was for wiring under tank as it could rub and short.
Traitors Corner / Re: What have you done with your bike today?
« Last post by Mr Nick on May 26, 2018, 14:02:02 »
Handling is now more like I was expecting so it definitely pays to read the instructions...  :thumb:
Accessories and After Market items / Aldi 4x USB charger port
« Last post by King Orry on May 26, 2018, 12:40:57 »
This could be a handy addition, looks to have a decent cable length and a couple of reasonably ‘fast’ charging ports.
Could be good if your socket is under the seat etc.
Cheap as too  :thumb:

Some other good stuff in there too like the Touring kit.
« Last post by wurzel on May 26, 2018, 12:27:38 »
   It is now a recap, so no fuss anymore, just go to your dealer, you have to expose the ECU, which is under the seat tray, the serial number on the ECU needs the last 3 digits to be 002, not 001 or  000, it's is easy enough to check, but ask the dealer to confirm.
  The electrical connector blocks under the tank, on top of the radiator, can corode in time, and are best sprayed with ac50 or such like, and even shrouded with a bit of inner tube over them, just a good precaution if you will be a winter rider.
They are a good sound bike, mine has been ridden hard and done some long trips in bad weather, no issues, if you get a nice one I'm sure you will be content.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10