Author Topic: Muc-off wet chain lube & scottoiler.  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Kingfisher91

• Bike: 650 v-strom k5
Muc-off wet chain lube & scottoiler.
« on: July 29, 2017, 18:06:57 »
Am I going to mess the chain oiler up or the chain if I use this stuff? It says it's for chains so I'm guessing it will be fine for a little bit till I can get something better in there.

Offline paulja

• Bike: DL1000XT L8
Re: Muc-off wet chain lube & scottoiler.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 14:20:25 »
Yes, can't see how it can't and SO oil isn't that resistant to cleaning. Way back when I talked to the man himself (when he worked out his bedroom), he told me the oil was vegetable based. I can see Rockoil supply him but I have no idea if it's still veg oil. I mention this because the oil isn't very persistent at hanging around... water is fine, but any detergents and it'll wash out. A solution is just turn the reservoir feed up to max for a 30 mins run out, then back down to your normal.
In my defence, she did leave me unsupervised.

Offline Paz324

• Bike: CB1000RAJ
Re: Muc-off wet chain lube & scottoiler.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 14:29:50 »
I believe the "Wet" chain lube you're looking at is actually designed for bicycle chains in wet conditions, it may end up being far too thick for the scottoiler and cause issues further down the line.

The only oil I could advise you to use other than scottoilers own is the oil offered by TUTORO but only if you don't have a warranty to worry about since they may just turn round and say it was user error which caused the issue.