Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Wheel bearing puller
« Last post by Relevant11 on Today at 01:08:53 »
you're not wrong , however when welded in with rust the inner race can separate/ pull through when pulled enthusiastically with those, hence the dremel to loosen the  stubborn outer race. So apologies dremel second not first!
Exhausts / Re: New for the V strom DL1000 2014- DELKEVIC Decat
« Last post by wurzel on Today at 00:53:04 »
Respectable gains there over a stock system, and yes, a servo buddy is the way to keep the fi  light from coming on, as well as the correct 02 sensor blanking plugs.
Introductions / Re: Hello from Bremen
« Last post by wurzel on Today at 00:41:18 »
 :welcome2 to you Frank,and a fine introduction from you, can't better a good fish and chips on your bike travels.
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Brake Lever
« Last post by Freddyfruitbat on Today at 00:18:18 »
I patched my hand guard back up with resin and a few extra bits of plastic on the inside to bolster it up.don't loook like new but fine for me untill another turns up

So did I:
http://www.v-strom.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=33825.msg335587#msg335587  :thumb:
Introductions / Re: Hello from Bremen
« Last post by DLste on July 19, 2018, 23:57:29 »
 :welcome: :thumb:
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Brake Lever
« Last post by Holmsey on July 19, 2018, 22:53:27 »
I might be able to get a right hand guard for you  :thumb:
« Last post by trotts on July 19, 2018, 21:36:29 »
They need it that long to have the bits fabricated from China !

True, but my Apple I phone is made in China, as almost everything else these days! The global world a  :shrug:
« Last post by trotts on July 19, 2018, 21:31:22 »
Bike back on the road after ‘winter’ break since April and put on a 1000 miles with a few decent trips.  Good chance to test out the new system.

No issue of note.  The bike certainly runs far better than before and the mid range is  just great now.  The spot between 3 - 6K revs through the gears is remarkably improved and the Dyno chart speaks volumes.

I was again lucky in that Dynojet UK (nr Preston)  wanted my Bike and they mapped it for me so they can have the ‘map’ saved  on their data base.  I made a weekend of the 450 mile round trip.   Not only has performance improved  but MPG is now perhaps 10% better from the low 50’s MPG up to around 60.  I run with a Power commander Fuel controller.  I do think this or a PC V is a must to get the fuelling right. (same if you go down the Arrow route)

I believe that in the next few weeks you will see this on the Delkavic web site (not yet on) as of 19/7 but they have by all accounts been upgrading the Web site.   It will be interesting to see what it retails at.  I understand they will also provide a ‘’Servo buddy’ as part of the package that is needed to prevent Fi light coming on. 

The dyno chart is as it is now.  The red line is how it came back to me and the Blue line what Dynojet achieved. You will see the A/F is spot on and a great Torque curve. 
Accessories and After Market items / Re: side luggage advice
« Last post by jbaptista on July 19, 2018, 21:28:41 »
Thanks for the advice blokes, really appreciated.
That's a great idea to use the steel cable to lock the jackets, when I stopped at "POTES Europe Peaks" I rent a locker at the bus station, and put my gear inside. Was great to walk around light. Never locked the helmets because I have the intercom, but I will lock and retrieve the outside of the intercom.
I'm planing to travel for 2 weeks and half, and camping to save money in accommodation, and have a different adventure.

I guess I'm going for the 37lt on both (not following the thumbs rule smaller case in the exhaust side, bigger in the other. Try to balance the weight with my stuff). The 37LT I think will be better for me, because unfortunately I have to take the "office" with me, my laptop and other accessories.
Pictures / Re: test
« Last post by Loz on July 19, 2018, 21:16:07 »
A rose between two thorns ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10