Author Topic: Pop goes the Wurzel  (Read 6586 times)

Offline Mr Nick

• Certified Fisher Price trained technician
  • Bike: 1979 Suzuki TS185ER, 1979 Moto Guzzi V50, 1989 Moto Guzzi SP3, 2010 KTM 990 Adv
Re: Pop goes the Wurzel
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2018, 22:42:22 »
Haven't had the joy of the anal probing, but have had the full on deep throat experience.

I came back from holiday a few years back with horrendous chest discomfort: thankfully only acid reflux. Had to get the camera down the neck so off to out patients one fine morning. First decision: sedation or throat spray? Sedation meant longer there so I'll have the spray please.
Off to a room and they sprayed the most disgusting tasting stuff in my mouth: avoided the vomit reaction so far. Next step: down on the bed lying on my side and they start feeding a firehose in. After a minute, they realise the camera's on the blink and need to swap it over for a new one: now wait a while before we go back to the start of the firehose eating contest, only now the throat spray isn't quite so effective. Then came the inflate the stomach joy with the accompanying involuntary belching and horrendous gagging. All the time, there's only a blank wall to look at: nothing to try distracting myself with. Couldn't even see the Nurses, who were reasonably interesting if I recall correctly, not that I felt I was showing my best side during our time together.

I have no concept of how long the whole affair took, but it seemed an eternity. On the way out, I saw the lucky ones who'd been sedated being wheeled back into the recovery room with no recollection of the event at all - if there's a next time, knock me out please Nurse!
Seems pearl asbo orange is faster after all....

'Don't believe all the quotes in forum signatures' - Aristotle

'Ehh, good enough' - Mediocretes

Orange Bikes Matter!

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2018, 23:01:02 »
My mate Pep went to see his GP and said he had an itchy bum. On examining him the GP removed £1995 in various notes.  "Well..",  said Pep,  "I knew I didn't feel two grand.".
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2018, 00:15:56 »
 lol lol

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2018, 07:46:55 »
 lol :clap: Brockett.

@Bigpie you are no where near old enough to be offered the expirience package. It's similar to remembering the 1st time you got drunk, your 1st visit to a pub legally, the 1st time you nailed a particular series of bends. It's a rite of passage. Right up your back passage.

@Mr Nick, the 1st time I went for the downwards version, I like you was conscious of the time element and rejected the sedation. It was without doubt the most unpleasant expirience of my life and I've had a couple of root canals done. That procedure showed stomach ulcers no doubt caused by my job at the time, hence my missplaced desire to get it done quickly. I started a course of medication and 3 months later I was called back for a followup. I natuarally opted for sedation, it turns out it was rohypnol. At the time I was coherent, I was aware of the discomfort but honestly I have no recollection of pain involved with the 1st one. Mrs Power drove us home, apparently I insisted on asking the same questions over and over again regarding the procedure, I had no idea what I'd been doing or where I was. To shut me up Mrs P turned on the radio just as Pop Master was starting, I scored 24 on the 1st round and 36 on the 2nd.

Apparently. 
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2018, 08:15:23 »
+1 for sedation with the throat cam. It's wonderful stuff. Thankfully I was also an inpatient so was trollied back to the ward in a haze. Joy!
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

Offline Graham62

• Bike: DL650 K6 Blue
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2018, 08:20:37 »
Thanks for that TLP like I sad I've also got to have the throat camera done as well on sunday. Two for one.  :thumb:
A drunken man's words are a sober man's thoughts.

Graham

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2018, 12:30:39 »
I opted for sedation for the downwards probe, had a nice comfy relax on a gurney. There was some doubt as to whether the procedure could go ahead, and I must have dozed off. When I awoke in a waiting room with other people present I looked at my wife and asked 'Did they change their minds, then?'  At which every fecker in the room started laughing at me.

Of course, it had been done, I'd been asleep and snoring for an hour.
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline pb

• Bike: V Strom 650 2015 in blue
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2018, 16:36:59 »
Had this done a few years ago, I told my Wife it felt like they had the film crew with full lighting in there , very unpleasant.
Wurzel shouldn't you have posted this topic under the oil/lubrication header lol

Offline wurzel

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2018, 17:14:23 »
 lol
Or rear end woes.... :shock:

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2018, 18:50:09 »
Two for one.  :thumb:

Two for one??? Both ends at the same time...!?!?  :shock:

Offline wurzel

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2018, 18:42:04 »
Lifting my carrots today,noticed a few of them felt like I did after my camera....

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2018, 18:51:48 »
 lol
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline Graham62

• Bike: DL650 K6 Blue
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2018, 22:50:32 »
I know what you meet Wurzel, I've been for mine today along with the gastroscopy, with having both I opted for the sedation thinking that it would put me to sleep :dl_ninite: [how wrong was I]. It was just enough to make it more bearable so they said :icon_no: They chose to do the colon first saying that if they found something there they wouldn't need to do the gastro, :icon_exclaim: so lay on my left knees bent like your sitting on an invisible chair and away we go, this is the second time I've had this done so I knew what to expect [or so I thourght]. This time I think he was using the the hose from the petrol station next to the hospital and pumping me full of super unleaded. Then onto my back and here we go again, then onto my front and onto my left just for good measure  :text-woo:. Then it was time for the gastroscopy. Some throat spray And I was relieved  to hear the nurses say that they thought it was only right to change the endoscope, the gastroscopy wasn't as bad as I expected even with them taking some biopsy's. The sedation did work as I fell to sleep in the recovery room. I was sent home with a load of paper work and some lovely pictures.
A drunken man's words are a sober man's thoughts.

Graham

Offline wurzel

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2018, 03:52:10 »
Sounds like you had a joyous time Graham!

Offline TLPower

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2018, 05:32:02 »
Did they give you sticker Graham? They gave me a sticker. A big brave boy sticker only for big brave boys.

I'm pleased you didn't find it too unpleasant. :thumb:
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline sillyboy

• Bike: DL650 L7
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2018, 18:31:26 »
+1 for sedation with the throat cam. It's wonderful stuff. Thankfully I was also an inpatient so was trollied back to the ward in a haze. Joy!
aye, OK if they give you enough. first time no bother. second time not enough sedation leading to severe gagging (just relax). couldn't swallow properly for over a month.

Online Joe Rocket

• Bike: DL650A L5, Kawasaki GPX750R
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2018, 18:45:21 »
That was nearly too much info Graham62...........  :shock:

I'm sure you came home with lots of paperwork too!  Better to just roll it up first though and not cut it up into squares and pin a wadge to the wall..........  :whistle:
So how's it going so far then?

Offline hotbulb

• Bike: DL650 L4
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2018, 22:57:25 »
Can't compete with those of you who've had things inserted into orifices, but I did have an ultrasound scan today........ an NHS screening test for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms. All fine, but a bit disappointed I didn't get a printout to scare my kids with   :grin:

Offline wurzel

« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2018, 07:38:03 »
   Pleased to hear it all came back fine, always worth getting checked out.
Unfortunately that does jot qualify you for the intrusive camera club.
Sounds like a bunch of long lens paparazzi ... lol

Offline TLPower

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2018, 18:06:21 »
Look at me, I'm a member of a select club dedicated to to the concealment of cameras.
They said at school that I'd never achieve anything in life.

My arse.

Walter Rohrl.