Author Topic: DL1000 Delkevic exhaust Install / Comments  (Read 4933 times)

Offline Mojo

• Bike: DL1000 K2
DL1000 Delkevic exhaust Install / Comments
« on: January 30, 2016, 11:59:06 »
Morning all I don't really see this as a review just abit of info on my expience from buying and fitting :) and I'm sorry that its going to be a long post but if you want to skip and just look at the photos I understand :)  :icon_drool5:

It started with looking around the forums, youtube, etc to choose a exhaust that suited what I wanted and as much as in the past I've chosen the usual makes inc a full £1200 titanium akrapovic exhaust for a bandit 1200, I knew that for the DL1000 a race exhaust is not what I was after :) I wanted something that looked nice, louder/deeper tone than stock but not blow your head off for long term touring so wanted bolt in baffles and most importantly cheap! I know that shouldn't be in someones wants but in this case it worked out :) I happened accross the delkevic exhausts on a youtube video and was impressed with the sound / looks ... I quick visit to their website http://www.delkevic.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=7951&search=DL1000 £249 + postage but then found them on ebay (actual same company) and same item £245 inc postage getting better  :thumb:

I then found that the Honda hornet owners club had a 10% discount with them and on a off chance of if I don't ask I won't get I rang them directly and asked if they had any discounts with any vstrom owners clubs (more usa owners club than the uk one as I know you have a discount with someone else) and they didn't but as I mentioned the hornets got 10% the nice girl did me the exhaust for £220 delivered !! I was like wow take my money now, with the final comments from the girl as if you like the product then please tell people so this is what I'm doing :) and as a bonus the delivery is next day via DPD with online tracking, etc (I ordered at 10am? and it was with me 11:45am next day)

The units came with the cans, link pipes, clamps and the exhaust paste so there is no additional items needed to fit all well packaged so can't complain about that :)

Skip to install day - It was as straight forward as any slips are e.g. can be a pain in the arse to get them lined up but once done they look brilliant (in my own oponion) prob took 5 minutes to take the old units off and 5min to install these then 40minutes of moving a mm to move a mile at the tip to get them to sit the same - now I'm not blaming the delkevic's this is the same with any slip ons

once all installed and the paste was dry, etc I noticed one of the clamp areas was leaking so I was like agg!! took it all apart put it back together still leaking a tiny amout of air I then took a closer look and it wasn't the clamp it was where the end of the can was revitied on to the can had a overlap joint and it was leaking sligthly so all I did was smeared some of the exhaust paste in the gap and sorted!! can't tell I even did that, now I'm not going to say in a ideal world this is a good thing but I've had bigger problems in life than to worry about less than a mm gap  :smirk: that I solved in less than 1 second and with 12 months warranty if it did get worse then a quick phone call and I'm sure the'd fix it

Now I can't say anything about fueling on a standard machine as I have a healtech fi tuner pro with the now updated map for a slip on but its going in on the 18th feb for a custom tune :) but according to their website it should be OK on a standard bike

The exhaust sounds brilliant with the baffles in its loud and deep but not annoying :) with the baffles out its too loud for a touring bike but if you're that way inclined it's good, has a bit more of a fart noise though the vids I have are sadly recorded off a phone so they're not the best you get the idea :)

Standard

View My Video

With Baffles

View My Video

Without Baffles

View My Video

Sorry for the long post but if it helps one person then winner :)

Offline AndyJOxford

Re: DL1000 Delkevic exhaust Install / Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 21:01:12 »
After months of indecision I found you post and was sold on the delkevic.
They are now on and your tip on leaky cans was needed too
A lot louder than stock but nice, haven't road tested yet
Hope yours are going well

Online Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Re: DL1000 Delkevic exhaust Install / Comments
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 10:33:46 »
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!