Author Topic: free T bone for all  (Read 2479 times)

Offline bigsimmo

• Bike: DL1000 K8 in blue / glee in red
free T bone for all
« on: January 13, 2018, 17:31:32 »
Hello all, I spent Friday evening and night in the JR a+e, the reason for this, a kind young man gave me a nice T bone FOR FREE.
he came out of a side road to my left, lucky for me  I was doing about 15 mph, he came out like a rocket and hit the bike on the rear set and pannier rack, now barns Wallace would be proud as I done my best bouncing bomb bit down the road.
out come of my night, need new rear set inc bracket, pannier rack bent, heed crash bars scraped and bent, but done a very good job [will buy again] only damage to the front of the bike was a bent bar end, as for me, acute ankle sprain, this would have snapped if not for my bike boots[please put you gear on blokes] lost skin on my left shin, knee and hip, badly bruised left chest, bruised kidney [blood in piss] bruised pancreas, bruised abdomen, all found after x rays and MIR scan, now the NHS staff are treated like sh1t by the government but, they were fantastic to me.
a slow speed hit done this, so put your gear on blokes, I had just gone down town [witney] a 2 mile ride each way and got hit 1 mile from home.

PS, did you know that the Oxfords paramedics get paid £11 per hour for doing what they do, over paid or what :icon_exclaim:

cheers blokes
DL1000 K8 in blue / DL650 glee in red

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
Re: free T bone for all
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 17:50:18 »
Glad you're OK and hope the bike fixes up easy too. Same thing happened to me 20 years ago this summer and I still suffer to this day. Horrible when you see them drive out and all you can see is the back of their head! Then they say sorry mate I didn't see you! Mine didn't even get out of the car and a week later sent me a solicitors letter for damage to his car and personal injury.  Bastard!  Hope you heal up soon mate. Good luck.

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 18:04:11 »
Hope you recover from the injuries soon & no lasting damage to you or bike.
God bless the doctors, nurses & paramedics. They do a brilliant job under difficult circumstances!!  :thumb:   
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 18:18:01 »
Never nice to read a story like that.

Get well soon  :thumb:
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline Joe Rocket

• Bike: DL650A L5, Kawasaki GPX750R
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 18:24:50 »
Yes, serious enough but could have been much worse.  :thumb:

Give it some time though to make sure nothing else is damaged, you or your bike.  :)

Take note everyone, be properly kitted up!

So how's it going so far then?

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda CB500s
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 18:43:45 »
Glad you are OK ..ish. :thumb:. Hope the car driver gets what's coming to him .  ###

My sister is a nurse for the NHS ... Over worked and under paid is an understatement.
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 19:14:41 »
Get well soon. At least bikes are easily fixed/replaced Good luck with the recovery  :thumb:

Offline CharlitTee

• Bike: 2016 VStrom 650 L5; 2008 Triumph Bonneville T100
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 19:28:13 »
Wishing you well and a speedy recovery.

I don’t know why people bleat about the NHS. Fantastic organisation staffed by fantastic people who have saved my life several non-bike related times. But headed up by a wretch who is bent on privatisation left, right and centre. My American friends shake their heads in disbelief.

As for the car driver, I simply shake my head in disgust. Not safe on a pair of roller skates, half of ‘em, as me old granny used to say.

Pleased you’re OK, though.

If a man knows he’s a hero, he can always find a dragon to fight even if the dragon’s asleep and minding its own business.

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 21:07:54 »
Ditto what they have said and well done you for reminding all here of the need to dress properly at all times.
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline bigsimmo

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 21:42:01 »
thanks blokes, like you CharlitTee I have used the NHS a lot over the years, 7 ops, from sinus to spine.
the work they do, all of our emergency services, is not appreciated by the right people.

Offline Hugh Mungus

• Bike: Fazer 1000
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 06:32:52 »
Get well soon.
and get a good claim in - teach the bugger to look for bikes.

I don’t know why people bleat about the NHS.

Probably because we pay for it and the governments over the years have just about ruined it. The levels of staff and equipment have fallen. Training has fallen - NHS managers are reduced to poaching trained staff from other countries because not enough is being done here in the UK. Retention of staff has fallen because the wages have fallen (in real terms). The government keeps saying that the NHS is the best in the world but provides a 2nd rate investment in it, one day it will just drop to bits.

Offline Hugo Magnus

• Ride Coordinator
  • Bike: DL650A L3, DR-Z400s Multistrada 1260ST
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 20:06:31 »
All the best Bigsimmo.
The interruptions ARE the journey  (Ted Simon)

Ride Coordinator

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 21:28:50 »
Sobering news mate, I sincerely hope you get right asap, and the bike.
It also really upsets me to find someone else hurt through a third party being ignorant and not paying attention when they are in a position to inflict injury on others,such as when driving, it should not go unpunished.

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 11:29:05 »
A sobering read, but here's wishing you a good speedy recovery, Bigsimmo :thumb:

and
The government keeps saying that the NHS is the best in the world but provides a 2nd rate investment in it, one day it will just drop to bits.
That's their plan - drive down belief in the NHS and then privatise more of it :GRR:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Dark-Strom

• Bike: 2018 Ninja 650
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 18:59:36 »
Best wishes on your recovery.
May your God go with you...
(Dave Allen)

Offline bigsimmo

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 20:11:03 »
thank you to you all blokes,
update time,,, it happened at 1700 Friday night, next day I request the officer to contact me, he said he will call in at my house sunday night, Monday night and still no officer and he has not returned my txt, the only thing I know is that it was a woman who hit me, I was told it was a man?
but, to day I get a phone call from her insurer. saying that she takes full blame and they have started the claim for me, offer me a hire bike at any time, they are sending out an engineer to look at my bike and some one to talk to me about how I am.
bonus....... I think she said she was from aviva.
looking good, but I hope not to good to be true..............

cheers

Offline strop

• Bike: DL650 L5
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 20:20:33 »
like bigsimmo I spent an evening in the JR in Oxford after being taken out at a junction last year, the staff were excellent right from the triage to the sign out they were kind, efficient and very professional.That is true of much of the NHS but they are let down by poor management keener on building little empires for themselves than the welfare of the hospitals, just as I'm sure when the Carillion fiasco is sorted it won't be the people at the top with there noses in the trough suffering but the poor old boy working in the cold and rain on a motorway near you.
on a lighter note do dl's get knocked off more in oxfordshire than elsewhere as when I went to pick mine up after repair there was another dl being offloaded that had been hit and I seem to remember several other mentions of dl crashes locally over the years

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 20:33:39 »
Interesting question...maybe it's just statistically more likely cos there's lots of DL's around that neck of the woods?  They are generally perceived to have a lot of 'road presence', with the twin lights etc  :shrug:

Unless we are being targeted :dl_hyperhysteria:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi