Author Topic: Schuberth flip front lid  (Read 7089 times)

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
Schuberth flip front lid
« on: February 22, 2017, 10:13:28 »
  I have bought one, it's amazingly quiet compared to my previous flip ups, very comfy, good vents and build.....but my god it cost me...
  Any one else using one?

Offline Witches70

• Bike: 2014 Dl 1000
Re: Schuberth flip front lid
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 11:40:00 »
Hello Wurzel, what was the damage then!!!!!
Looking to change my flip this year and interested on your views on the schuberth  :thumb:
I stand tall,  but I am short
I shout loud, but I am quiet
I ride a DL1000 and Proud.

Offline wurzel

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 11:56:30 »
  Early days, but it is more comfy, much quieter and feels quality with no rattles or loose bits.
   I came from a caberg and AGV flip ups, which are OK,  but noisy.
The helmet was £450 or there about, I also have the Bluetooth headset that they make which was about £250....
  I will make a more in depth report after a few runs, but it feels very nice, the Bluetooth conected to my phone well, and has fantastic sound and controls compared with my interphone one on a caberg...it's in a different league, and should be for the money... :thumb:

Offline V-Strom3

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 12:03:10 »
I've been using the C2 for several years (I have 2 of them), still find them quiet but as you get use to them it's amazing what you can hear.
At first everything seems to be on mute.

I've also got the C3, find the fit a little weird, but still very quiet.
Life is short - You have to enjoy it on a Wee-Strom!

Offline grumps

• Bike: DL650A M0, BMW R1250RT. Yamaha X-Max 300
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 13:06:00 »
Yes, got one. I too paid a lot but well worth it
If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer.

Offline Hugh Mungus

• Bike: Fazer 1000
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 19:51:27 »
I was going to buy the Schuberth until I tried the Shoei Neotec. There's not a lot of difference but the Shoei just had the edge.

I came from a caberg and AGV flip ups, which are OK,  but noisy.

I had a Caberg flip lid several years ago. I hated it. So noisy! I rode from Lincolnshire to Cornwall and by the time I got there I was ready to chuck it in the sea. Unfortunately the bike shop in Penzance didn't have a helmet that was comfortable so I had to wear the horrid Caberg all the way home too.

Offline wurzel

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 20:02:44 »
  They sure are noisy Hugh, the contrast with the S is a revelation. :thumb:

Offline Tusker

• Bike: NO BIKE
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 20:09:01 »
I got a Shoei Neotec. last year and its imo brilliant but I'm olny comparing it to the Nitro F347 I bought when I passed my test

Offline wurzel

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 21:05:36 »
I did try the Shoe, it was much the same price as the schuberth, I personally prefered the fit of the one I chose, but that's just my head.
They both apear fantastic lids, it's the first posh lid I ever bought...no going back now, I think it's transformed the way long distance trips will be.

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 21:10:53 »
I'm still using my C3, its a bit heavy, but fits my head shape well. Every now and then in really heavy rain it lets a few drops in at the top of the visor. In summers I was getting a few flies landing on me bonce through the top vent. I glued a bit of mesh in there to stop that happening, but keep the air flowing! Like it a lot though.
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline The Menace

• Bike: 2014 Vstrom 650
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 21:34:39 »
I just bought an HJC RPHA Max Evo flip front helmet for £270 saving about £100. It gets pretty good reviews and it fit, many didn't, it obviously depends on your head shape. I liked the Caberg Duke Legend, it got a 5 star safety rating and was cheaper, but my chin came too close to the front of the helmet to be comfortable.

Offline Hugh Mungus

• Bike: Fazer 1000
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 21:44:35 »
  They sure are noisy Hugh, the contrast with the S is a revelation. :thumb:

Yep, it put me off flip lids completely for several years until I told my tale to another biker with a Schuberth lid and he basically said "You get what you pay for". Nuff said really.

I loved AGV's until I realised why I was getting headaches then bought the Caberg and got earache! Went onto Shoei full face lids and loved em. Not sure why I bought the Neotec (well the Mrs was buying one and we got a discount for buying 2) but I do like it a lot. Still use my old Shoei full face for riding to work.

Offline wurzel

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 21:53:36 »
Mine is the c3, going to mesh that vent after reading the tip, thanks. :)

Offline wurzel

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 17:22:52 »
   Well I love the lid, but the blessed coms I got with it only pair with cardo products...so I diligently whent and got the scala rider  g9.
  I can get then to pair....according to the flashing lights, but I can't for the life of me get the intercom to work.
  Why are these things so complex?  I have just killed an hour trying to get it working, and all I have done is get to the stage where I want to stamp on the things...
  Why on gods earth can't these things be made simple....or maybe I am....my mum says I'm the smartest of all her kids, so no hope for the others then.... :angry-banghead: :shrug:
  I'm going to make a paper kite and go whee whilst flying it round the room...I can manage that!   :lala:

Offline grumps

• Bike: DL650A M0, BMW R1250RT. Yamaha X-Max 300
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 17:50:52 »
 lol
If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer.

Offline wurzel

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 19:09:21 »
  Well that was fun...bloody kite sailed round the room and made a beeline for my head, so I got fed up with that...
   In my wisdom I dogedly persevered with the headsets, and I now have intercom working...the destructions were what was foxing me, and I can't get on to the cardo comunity as one needs windows, something I don't have.
   Anyway...I'm pleased to have caused a little amusement, now back to the damn ed kite.... :topic_closed: lol

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 22:08:35 »
I didn't but I should have.  :crazy: Instead I bought an AGV flip. It is very quiet, does not rattle, but is just a little flimsy feeling. I KNOW buy cheap equals pay twice but I could not bear to spend so much in one go. If I count up all the cash I have spent on Helmets in the last four years then I could easily have bought the Schuberth.  :groan:
On the other hand when I drill two holes in it and bolt the blue tooth to it I won't feel as if I am desecrating a work of art.
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline wurzel

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 22:18:07 »
I have an AGV flip up, it's a good lid, but when I'm on the superduke it was a little noisy, no screen, this new lid is so much quieter, and feels good, but as you say...very expensive.
I went to the AGV after using a Caberg, and that was for the extra vision I got when looking over my shoulder, a safety thing.

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 08:59:50 »
I have just purchased a Schuberth C3 flip yesterday. I will update in due course how I get on with it but it ticked all the boxes in the shop. It's the first flip lid I've tried on where the sun visor actually comes down far enough to be of some use.
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline wurzel

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 11:21:27 »
I have done some long trips with mine now,  my Austrian trip being the longest, my only negative being that in wet weather a few drops can creep down the inside of the visor, most frustrating, and something I have seen reported elsewhere.
That aside it is for me a fine helmet.