Author Topic: Bike insurance  (Read 1393 times)

Offline colin

• Bike: DL650 L6. v-strom 650. BMW R100rs. Harley Dyna 2000. Triumph Bonneville T100
Bike insurance
« on: March 12, 2018, 18:40:36 »
Just received my bike insurance renewal.  Carole Nash. fully comp. with agreed value. European breakdown.  £296.  gone up £4 from last year.  2 Harleys and a 12 month old V-Strom 650. no mileage limits.
Didn't think that was too bad.

Offline Leighmorgan

• Live life to the full
  • Bike: DL1000, V-Strom 2016 and Husqvarna te450 2010
Re: Bike insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 19:26:10 »
That's good I pay £500 for DL1000 and husqvarna 450 enduro with mce they did want £600 until I said I'll go somewhere else

Offline Nelson

• Bike: DL650XT L7
Re: Bike insurance - Carole Nash
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 09:37:22 »
Carole Nash quoted me around £290 late last year for my 2012 Wee and an old Harley. After speaking to them I went online to get separate quotes as I had the option on not insuring the Harley over the winter. No sooner than I had disconnected, the phone rang and Carole Nash offered me £180 for both! I took it of course - I do like their very comprehensive package.
Basically phone reps are trained to get as much money out of you as possible. My ex-wife worked for AA insurance in Newcastle back inthe 1990's, and she actually left just before she would have been fired for ignoring the training and trying to get customers the best deal for them.
Insurance companies show their truemetal when things go wrong - a mate lost his lower leg last year and Carole Nash were superb - a dedicated after care nurse came to see him several times to advise on health issues and recovery, plus kept him informed on what was available medically to aid his recovery. The money side of things was never a problem, and overall he's being well looked after. Incidentally he has the same Lloyd TSB account as me which has £15k insurance for loss of a limb - his wife called them, sent a medical report and within a day he had the money, which looked after his daily expenses while the insurance payment was underway. Interim payment from Carole Nash was also very prompt and the attentiveness was reassuring.
You'll never find yourself flying down the road wishing you were wearing less protective clothing.