Author Topic: New Screen - Big improvement. ....I think  (Read 3590 times)

Offline old git

• Bike: DL1000 L6, BMW R1250RT
New Screen - Big improvement. ....I think
« on: July 16, 2017, 21:25:27 »
Did around 450 miles today with my new MRA screen and I think it's a big improvement on the 2016 v-strom 1000 standard screen. I say "I think" because it was blowing a gale for most of the day but in the odd sheltered place it seemed good. Still fairly noisy but much less head shaking turbulence than standard. I fitted to the middle holes on the bike and set the "spoiler" to its most open position. Not sure whether it's best with screen at highest setting or middle. Will be able to assess it better on a calm day. I don't know if it's related to the screen but we went through a fair bit of rain as well as high winds and much of the rain ended up under my visor? The helmet has never been prone to this in the past. All a bit strange!

Offline infidel

• Bike: Zuki fan boy - 2020 DL1050XT, 2012 SV650S, 2005 GSXR1000, 2004 SV1000S, 1974 t350 and some junk.....
Re: New Screen - Big improvement. ....I think
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 16:55:26 »
Hello old git, how was the mra screen after living with it for a bit?

Was considering this as the alternatives look horrid (givi) they look like they came off a harley.
If it has two wheels.. I'll ride it.

Online Megashorts

• Bike: DL1000A L4
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 19:19:36 »
I put up with the head buffeting from the Suzuki Touring screen for 3 years before I gave up caring about looks and put the Givi Airflow on. Its wonderful! No buffeting, much less noise and a lot less wind on me. Love it! Wishing I'd done it years ago. The top bit is easy to clean too with just a couple of latches to flip before putting it in a large container of soapy water. It got plastered with bugs on that sunny spell we had.

Offline old git

• Bike: DL1000 L6, BMW R1250RT
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 21:19:31 »
The MRA is definitely better than standard with regard to the buffeting - my vision was getting affected it was so bad with the standard screen.

It is still noisy though but I've started wearing ear plugs for the first time in 40 years riding  :)

Offline wurzel

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 23:05:27 »
I have the giving airflow, good screen, but I do need to fit those BMW wind deflectors to help with noise.

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 08:24:52 »
I have both. The givi airflow works much better than the mra but looks terrible.  Also I don't like to see the top edge of the upper screen in my line of sight all the time but it works. I keep the givi on most of the year and change to the mra for the summer months,  just about to swap them any day now.