Author Topic: Schuberth flip front lid  (Read 7120 times)

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
Re: Schuberth flip front lid
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 19:49:46 »
After my first, very brief, try out of the new lid I'm fairly impressed. It's definitely going to need earplugs as there is a bit more noise than I was expecting but nothing horrendous. The drop down tinted visor is superb and optically it's amazing, no distortion anywhere.
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Henri Flection

• Bike: V-Strom 650 XT
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2017, 16:30:38 »
... I liked the Caberg Duke Legend, it got a 5 star safety rating and was cheaper, but my chin came too close to the front of the helmet to be comfortable.
I have the same concern which is one of the reasons I am changing from Caberg.  That and the fact that both sun and main visors now seem to drop down in view randomly. It's less than a year old and on its way back to Caberg; granted they can't do a lot about my chin but the visor ratchet 'thing' shouldn't have worn out so quickly.

Buy cheap buy twice.

Offline Frostilicus

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2017, 16:56:32 »
I realise that it's essential to try on a lid before buying, to make sure the fit is good, but as a general rule of thumb, do the schuberth lids fit in the same manner as the cabergs?
I've always found the cabergs to be fine for what they are, but I noticed a price rise in recent times so I might try a different make

Offline timangus

• Global Biker
  • Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 21:04:39 »
I have the new C4, which they have gone back to a more oval shape of old with the coms which is built in now. Not as stylish as helmets of old but good in the rain, the coms talks to other bluetooth systems, and its lighter and slightly narrower so fits in a pannier/topcase easier. I got mine from Helmet City in Chichester and I had issues with the coms at first which they sorted and were brilliant.

Offline Frostilicus

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2017, 06:37:30 »
Thanks tim, might plump for a schuberth myself :)

Offline bigusdickus

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2017, 13:26:12 »
Had a look at the Schubert and nearly brought up my lunch when I saw the price  :icon_exclaim:.
I get the quality thing and the safety, but the price!!!!. I bought a Scorpion ADX-1 and more than happy. Had been using a Caberg and it was starting to annoy me with constantly leaking water into the visor onto the pinlock insert. Have you ever tried to clean the pinlock without scratching it, tried washing in soap suds and never touched it with anything, rinsed with clean water and left to air dry. Feck me, scratches right in my eyeline :violence-smack:

Offline Darkside666

• Bike: V Strom 1050 XT..........Hayabusa
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 16:54:10 »
V Strom yesterday.....so new kit today.

This included a new C3 flip top lid from Schuberth. I had a Sena comms system installed in the shop at the same time and got some good discount.

I've been out with the lid but didn't set up the comms. Most impressed with the C3; so much more quieter than my Arai
solid helmet and feels a lot lighter to wear as well. My first go a fliptop hat and so far all good.....
A chance in a million; happens nine times out of ten...

Offline Ringpull

• Bike: DL 1000 V-strom '14
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2017, 20:46:03 »
I bought a Schubert C3 a couple of years ago when I had my 1250 Bandit GT to do my blood running (got sick of carrying a lid and a bloodbox through to the pathology labs in the hospital; so much easier to leave the lid on my head with the front up). Tried a load of flip-up lids but sods law said the only one that was comfortable was the most expensive one!

Anyway, I moved onto the V-Strom and got a bigger than standard screen on it (not sure of the make) and have been struggling to get air to the front of the lid when it's chucking it down with rain (I'm not the loftiest of fellas). In really heavy rain the visor mists up, even with the pinlock fitted. After searching high and low, I've managed to get hold of the peak and visor for a Schubert E1 (from Helmet City- no connection to the company) and found that the peak draws air up from the top vent and helps to keep the visor clear when it's raining cats and dogs.

OK, the peak and visor cost about £100, but the lid is only a couple of years old so I really didn't want the expense of buying the E1.

Schubert told the blokes at Helmet City that it wasn't possible to add the peak and visor from the E1 to the C3, but the blokes let me give it a go in their shop and guess what... it bloody well does! You don't even need to change the base-plate that screws onto the lid. All I had to do was file a small V in the back of the peak, where I found it was rattling against the top vent adjuster (and driving me nuts), and Hello presto!

I can now ride my V-Strom with the peak on the lid (yeah, I know I'm just posing the adventure look  :roll: ), and I can swap the visor and remove the peak to jump on the wife's Gixer (tried it with the peak and couldn't see a damned thing!)
Unashamedly using this space to advertise the charity that I ride for- SERV, Surrey and South London Bloodrunners. www.servssl.org.uk
For more info, contact me at recruit@servssl.org.uk or call me on 07432 221981.
Cheers Martin

Offline JohnS

• Bike: DL1000XT
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2017, 23:00:45 »
I've had a Schubert E1 for about 6 weeks and am generally very impressed.
Noise is low, especially the high frequency whine from old truck gearboxes on the motorway.
The pinlock style inner visor does mist up at the edges sometimes but is not too bad.
The main reason I spent the money for this style of helmet was to get the peak as I find it painful to ride into the sun at dawn. The peak works pretty well and with a Givi Airflow screen the peak can be left unlocked so it can be easily adjusted.
The price is a bit painful but the quality of build is very high so no regrets.

Offline DesertStrom

• Bike: DL650 K9, Triumph Street Scrambler

Offline RustyCavalier

• Bike: DL1000 L5
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 23:44:45 »
Bought a C3 Pro with Bluetooth comms, pretty costly items.
However, the C3 is a very plush lid. Very comfy with a tight feel even when worn in. Fit is like a glove. (except you don't have five fingers on your head and you can't flip rude signs with your head) I did find the Pinlock insert to condense a bit on really damp and rainy days. The flip is easy to open single handed but doesn't close as easliy. definitely a two hand job (so they say).
Still a bit loud at speed but I don't often go out without earplugs nowadays so not really an issue for me.