December 18, 2017, 05:16:27

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Pictures / Re: Come on Show us Your Bike :D
« Last post by Hallnass on Today at 03:41:41 »
2015 V-Strom 650
Humour / Re: Breaking News !!! New sexual harassment claim .
« Last post by Wiganweestrom on Today at 02:34:53 »
Two black eyes tells me someone has "persuaded" her to stay her tongue  :grin:
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: Here's a novelty........
« Last post by Freddyfruitbat on Today at 00:29:54 »
Yeah my 21-year-old son has just raided my collection of vinyl, from where it's been stacked at the back of my wardrobe since before he was born!  I always told the missus it was worth hanging on to...

Personally, having lived through the days of lugging around huge boxfulls of records, tapes and hifi gear everytime I moved as a youngster, not to mention all the pops and crackles you'd get from LPs and was delighted when everything went digital, I really can't get excited about the vinyl resurgence.

But what I really, really cannot get my head round is the apparent comeback of audio cassettes!  What on EARTH is all that about?   Their sound was simply abysmal, and they were forever getting chewed up.  The great benefit back in the day was that you could use them to copy your mates' LPs; but otherwise - why?!
« Last post by Joe Rocket on December 17, 2017, 21:57:55 »
It was my younger brother who enlightened me to revive my TRIO KD-1033 turntable because the sound of 'records' was warmer than the clinical CD sound  that he'd convinced me was better at least a decade or two ago....... :roll:

Aparently my scratched LP's have a real attraction at last....  :shrug:
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN
« Last post by DesertStrom on December 17, 2017, 21:54:36 »
 :grin:.
« Last post by MartinW on December 17, 2017, 21:51:48 »
I too have a Sony Double Deck on my Stereo. Possibly not switched on in over 10 years.

Here's hoping :)
The Blue Oyster bar / Here's a novelty........
« Last post by Joe Rocket on December 17, 2017, 21:45:16 »
With the resurgence of the record deck and vinyl over the past few years can I go on record for the following action:

This evening we've watched Santa Claus - The Movie on our 'outdated' VHS player/recorder.  :xmas-smile:  It took a while to master the start of the film as it was recorded off the telly in 1993 after the Last Night of the Proms.   :shy:

Trend setting maybe? I heard music cassettes are on the way back too and I have a double deck player on my Sony HiFi system......   :grin:
V-Strom specific discussion / Re: Its been a while
« Last post by Graham62 on December 17, 2017, 21:31:05 »
Hi and  :welcome: again.
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: Vote for Jonathan Rea
« Last post by MartinW on December 17, 2017, 21:26:09 »
Second  :shock: All down to you Dave  :thumb:

Mo Farah: 83,524 votes
Jonathan Rea: 80,567
The Blue Oyster bar / Re: NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN
« Last post by tallpaul on December 17, 2017, 21:14:05 »
At first I laughed...then it dawned on me that this wouldn't be too wide of the mark in today's "risk  averse" society.

It seems that everything is bad for your 'elf. Bloody spoilsports!  :humbug:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10