Author Topic: v strom 650 L0 New to me  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Pablodrugsmule

• Bike: DL650 L0
v strom 650 L0 New to me
« on: June 19, 2017, 22:57:27 »
Recently bought a 2010 650 model and figured I should join somewhere useful like here packed with knowledge and experience. I wanted one as my first bike but couldn't quite stretch to the cost last year after passing my direct access so ended up on a 97 FZS600 Fazer which was a great bike but not as comfortable as I would like. This is my 2ND bike and I notice 2 key things vs my Fazer, firstly it isn't as fast (nor does it have the nice sound) but that's no surprise, secondly the brakes really are crap and yes they are working as they should but after being used to yams blue spot caliper on the front I was spoilt and miss them  :dl_hyperhysteria:, actually miss the bike and wish I could of kept both but I guess most people have a fondness of their first proper bike, hopefully the kid who bought it doesn't ruin it  :icon_no:.

With 40k on the clock I hope it lives up to the reputation I've read of and if I get to 80k I'll of had my moneys worth. Already added my 45l top box, wind deflector off ebay, fitted a IDEA gear indicator off amazon (£40 and works perfectly vs £100 gipro), added givi tank ring for my tank bag, added a power supply and my favourite thing, a Sat Nav mount I got my mate to 3D print for me. Waiting for a 2ND hand exhaust to come up, need to add a centre stand too, heated grips shall be added some time, plus a few other bits I plan to change  :fix:.

Anyway here she is.

Bit rough and agricultural looking but it does the job perfectly  :thumb:

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
Re: v strom 650 L0 New to me
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 05:27:02 »
Top 'bike. A fellow Volvoist. :thumb:
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 09:34:31 »
Hello Pablo and  :welcome:
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Online 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 09:49:31 »
 :welcome:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 10:45:44 »
Looks well set-up for commuting and touring! :thumb: :welcome:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline SuzukiSte

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 12:13:38 »
Nice one all the mods you need for ride outs nice clean bike.  :welcome: :thumb:

Offline Pablodrugsmule

• Bike: DL650 L0
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 13:18:39 »
Cheers all for the welcome.

Top 'bike. A fellow Volvoist. :thumb:

Your but none of those in the pics are mine, my dad broke 2, one has been stripped so it can be sold to a banger racer as it was too rusty to be worth saving and he now has another so 4 on our drive and this 940 is mine. I'm a bit odd I'm 26 and have owned 5 Volvos and bought 1 purely to dismantle for spares. First car was a 2l diesel clio NON turbo, engine was way too big for the car and it vibrated a lot but it sipped fuel and I ragged it everywhere, well you had to if you wanted to arrive that day. Only other non Volvo was a Mazda Demio in almost mint condition I got for £330 fsh, 1 wealthy family from new and just 33k miles, would have a mazda again but they rust badly.

Only 115k bought it with 99.8k, just run in  :grin:.