Author Topic: Australian Vee Review Video  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Flanners

• Bike: 15 DL1000 99 Daytona 955i 05 GSXR1000
Australian Vee Review Video
« on: September 04, 2016, 19:39:58 »

Has lots of hits but I had never watched it before, gives an impressive honest review of the bike and the DL1000 looks good off road and in the gloop...nice to see some journo's bucking the trend to slate the Vee for any off-road forays.

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Re: Australian Vee Review Video
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 20:10:26 »
I've never understood why anyone would consider it for off road use, it weighs the same as a Bungalow  :icon_no:
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Flanners

• Bike: 15 DL1000 99 Daytona 955i 05 GSXR1000
Re: Australian Vee Review Video
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 07:32:08 »
Yes sure, but given the big DL was slated for anything other than riding on tarmac by much of the British press it is refreshing to see that the Vee is as those who have owned one realise just as/almost as capable as it's peers I.e the GS, KTM, Triumph etc, when the going gets tougher. Guess it should not bother me but it does.

I would not wish to solely 'off road' mine the most I have done on my Strom (as my GS Adv before) are some RUPPs or BOATs as part of my ride ; North Downs Way and some outside of Eastbourne; some mountain pathways in the Voges and Alps. It endorses the fact that for a far smaller outlay it can really claim to be a 'do it all' motorcycle.